Monday, April 6, 2009

Blues Moon Fundraiser; Tuesday, April 7 6-8 p.m.

Playlist for Tuesday's Blues Moon with Clair DeLune radio fundraiser for WUSC-FM:

The station is educational and non-profit and we must generate what funds student fees cannot cover. As of April 6, we are about 20 percent along toward our goal of $5000.00 dollars necessary to contribute to the equipment and other needs for us to stay on the air this spring.

Because of my father's funeral in the autumn, I didn't participate in the last fundraiser, so I hope my listeners will be especially generous this time around (you all are always so great and you make a huge difference in our ability to keep bringing you the best in alternative music).

Some companies will match your personal donation, so please ask where you work if they will support your donation with a match or underwrite (sort of like a sponsorship) a show or two ( if so, feel free to contact me for a referral to our executive staff).

Here's how you can make your pledge:

Donate online using our secure server at http://wusc.sc.edu/, and please indicate that you enjoy the Blues Moon radio show if you are given that option. Follow up with an e-mail to me, so I can keep track of my show totals: bluesgoddess@gmail.com.
or

Call the station (803) 576-9872 to make your pledge by phone while I'm on the air (we accept checks or credit cards). If you have e-mail, send me an e-mail, so I can keep track of my show totals: bluesgoddess@gmail.com.

We will keep your information confidential - but we do want to send you some of our fine prizes... and, as a special bonus for Blues Moon fans, donors who specify they are donating for the Blues Moon who donate $100 or more will qualify for a drawing for an additional prize sure to put a smile on any music lover's face! Be sure you have sent me an e-mail letting me know... :)


Here is our finance-centric playlist for the evening... keep refreshing your browser to see where we are in the show. Most of these have never been played on the Blues Moon radio show before, so hold onto your hats!

And - by the way - thanks for donating... and for listening ... because without you out there listening, I'd just be home playing my dang stereo. I do this for you.

Let's make the end of my 19th year a sizzler, shall we?
Set 1 ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Welch_Money (That's What I Want)_Catch Me
The Radio Kings_Money in Her Pocket_Money Road
The Radio Kings_Money Road_Money Road_
Set 2 ~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve Freund_I Love Money_"C" for Chicago
Sugar Ray Norcia_Love, Life and Money_Sweet & Swingin'
Sugar Ray Norcia_Money, Marbles and Chalk_Sweet & Swingin'
Set 3 ~~~~~~~~~~~
Tom Ball & Kenny Sultan_No Money, No Honey_Double Vision_
Johnny Young_All My Money Gone_Testament Records Sampler
Eric Lindell_Low on Cash_Low on Cash, Rich in Love
Set 4 ~~~~~~~~~~~
Howard & the White Boys_I Need Some Cash_The Big $core
Howard & the White Boys_Bring It On_The Big $core
Mighty Joe Young_Bring It On_Mighty Man
Set 5 ~~~~~~~~~~~
Lonnie Johnson w-Jim McHarg's Metro Stompers_Bring It On Home To Mama_Stompin' at the Penny
Sonny Boy Williamson_Bring It On Home
Cannon's Jug Stompers_Bring It with You When You Come
Little Charlie & the Nightcats_Deep Pockets_Nine Lives
Little Charlie & the Nightcats_Sugar Daddy Sweet_Nine Lives
Set 6 ~~~~~~~~~~~
Roy Rogers_Ain't No Bread in the Breadbox_Prime Chops- Blind Pig Sampler, Vol. 2
Floyd Jones & His Band_Ain't Times Hard_Vee-Jay- The Definitive Collection, Disc 1
Johnny Adams_Happy Hard Times_There Is Always One More Time
Lonnie Johnson w-Jim McHarg's Metro Stompers_Stompin' at the Penny_Stompin' at the Penny
Set 7 ~~~~~~~~~~~
Bumble Bee Slim_No Woman No Nickel_The Georgia Blues [Yazoo]
Etta Baker_One Dime Blues_Blues Routes- Heroes & Tricksters
Blind Connie Williams_One Thin Dime_Testament Records Sampler
Albert Castiglia_Loan Me a Dime_These are the Days
Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown_Dollar Got the Blues_Okie Dokie Stomp

Even though the show is over, you can still donate... and we truly thank you!
Contact me at bluesgoddess@gmail.com ... See you next week... clair delune

No comments: