Saturday, October 13, 2012

Blues Moon Radio playlist for Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2012


Blues Moon Radio show playlist, news and updates:

Welcome Blues fans... Tuesday is Bluesday, so get your Blues licks at six and don't be late because we are gone at eight for the Blues Moon with Clair DeLune, a radio show that has been bringing you the Blues, the whole Blues, and nothing but the Blues - so help me God - since 1990. Tune in at WUSC-FM 90.5 and HD1 Columbia (SC) or via the Internet at: www.wusc.sc.edu (follow the links above the playlist to stream globally... 6 p.m. ET is -5 GMT, btw).

Columbia Blues Festival - Nov 3, 2012
For this week's show we are featuring several of the big names coming to the Nov 3 Columbia Blues Festival. Hope you can join us for the 18th Word of Mouth Productions lineup, which is stellar again this year. The festival is free, but it is top quality in terms of artists, accessibility and downright fun. It is my favorite day of the year!

Thank you for your monetary support, too, y'all! 
Don't forget - we are in the throes of our semi-annual Beg-A-Thon... and we appreciate your demonstrated support of WUSC-FM and the music we bring you each and every week from our all-volunteer staff of DJs. We have an obligation to bring in some funding to keep our seats at the microphone, folks, and so we can continue to improve our station equipment to keep the best coming your way (more streams; higher quality - other stuff I don't understand and don't have to)... what I do know is that I consistently have the BEST supporters in the whole wide world... despite troubles of today, y'all come through, and I hope you will again... you can mail your tax-deductible (to the fullest extent... blah blah blah more CPA talk I don't understand, but check the Web site for it) check to me at PO BOX 5591 Columbia SC 29250 and I will turn them in to the station and qualify you for station prizes and SHOW prizes... oh yeah... that's the good part.

If you want to do the credit card option, there is a donor site on the Web that is secure - and I will post a link to it when they have it ready to go for this term, but PLEASE mention Blues Moon Radio or Clair DeLune so I get credit when you show the love! :) Thanks again...

There is a lot to like about a LOT of LIKES, so help a gal out?
Remember it also helps me keep my show if I have LOTS of LIKES on the Blues Moon Radio page... head there now and make a quick click for me; extra cool if you share with your music fan pals... thanks! xoxo



This week's show features:

Eddie Shaw and the Wolf Gang -
My Baby's So Ugly b/w It's Alright
Eddie Shaw and Bob Corritore (instrumental)
1815 West Roosevelt

Eddie Turner -
I'm a Man, I'm a Man b/w So Many Roads

Tom Principato Band -
Last Night b/w Return of the Voodoo Thing
Hey Now Baby b/w I'm Gone
and a very melodic instrumental, which features his evocative style: Mi Solea

Brrrrr! Because a nip is in the air and Autumn has begun, we pay homage to the Fall Winds:

David Honeyboy Edwards - Wind Howlin' Blues
Big Walter Horton - West Winds are Blowing
William Clarke - Teardrops Falling
Jackie Payne - Falling Rain

Blue Rags - When I Fall
Saffire (The Uppity Blues Women) - Falling Back in Love with You
Ruth Brown - I'll Never Fall in Love Again

Anthony Gomes - Falling

No comments: