Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Penultimate Blues Moon Radio Show on WUSC-FM April, 23, 2019


Can hardly believe the time has come to start the final wrap up of 29 years of radio on my beloved WUSC-FM 90.5 and HD1 Columbia.

We had some personal tsuris to get through last week, so we are back with a bang to blow out the penultimate and final shows this week and next.

We've tried to pay homage to everyone who has made a positive difference in the show through the years, but one semester to phase out and get that in did not leave enough time. I swear. Tempis fugit, y'all.

Hey. I'm getting weepy because I will miss this so much so let me buck up like my soldier Dad taught me to do and go mission-centric.

Keep in mind I'll be at the Irmo Library this Saturday, April 27th 2-5 p.m. to sign copies of South Carolina Blues - I'll be selling copies at my table if you don't have yours yet - $24 smackers cash takes one with a genuine signature from the author! You know your bookshelf has been crying for a copy! They make great gifts for history or music lovers. Come see me!

Here's tonight's playlist - sent with love from me and Sonny Boy Red Jackson; and his predecessor co-hosts: RockyDawg, Blues Defender and Lawdy Miss Clawdy, the Blues Doggess - we all wish you well and keep this page open - my sense is there might be another adventure in me and who knows, it just might involve the Blues!

Warmest thanks to all my supporters, super-fans, listeners, casual tuner-inners and random automobile travelers who found us left of the dial and right in your ear, as Uncle Gram once quipped. This has been a joy and a privilege to do for nearly three decades and I'm looking forward to what will be "further on up the road."

 

Join us for some good Blues... Tuesday is Bluesday 6 p.m. on 90.5FM Columbia or WUSC.FM to stream.

As always, we'll pepper in a few sidelights and surprises...

Tune in - tell your pals,Clair DeLune
and Sonny Boy Red ("I Had a Bath!") Jackson




Meet your Hosts: 
Clair DeLune (at left): author of South Carolina Blues, longtime professor of Roots and Blues Music History and your host since 1990 of Blues Moon Radio; along with her valiant co-host since 2017, Sonny Boy Red Jackson (below, doing his best RCA Dog impression).




Sonny Boy selected two songs tonight that represent his Mimi and Papa (grandparents) ... and insisted that I tell y'all he picked out the tribute to them.  


   
 
In the meantime, if you feel as if you need some great Blues music OR MY BOOK, which makes a great present, hint-hint-hint! and my next signings are April 27 at the Irmo Branch Library 2-5 p.m. - cash please if you wish to purchase ...$24 includes the tax; June 18 at 6 p.m. at the Lourie Center with musical guest Mark Rapp.

And please don't forget our underwriters:
 
 
 
Our supporters:



As always we thank our long-time underwriters, who help bring great music to the Midlands all year around, because we could not imagine our show without their input and support:  Papa Jazz Record Shoppe, Word of Mouth Productions AND South Carolina Blues. You can link to these orgs by clicking on the visuals...
This blog is brought to you  in part by:
www.papajazz.com    
and
 http://www.wordofmouthproductions.org/ourstory.html
 and



 



South Carolina Blues
500 years of roots and blues music history in S.C.
by
Clair DeLune
on Arcadia Publishing
 

No comments: